JLG Industries, Inc.'s new X1000AJ Compact Crawler Boom (CCB) is now available. The latest of four JLG CCB models brings the CCB line into the 100-foot height class. This model was previewed in February 2018 at The Rental Show in New Orleans.
"The revolutionary X1000AJ demonstrates JLG's continued commitment to delivering the industry's broadest range of access equipment," said Randy Marzicola, director, channel development for JLG Industries, Inc. "This newest addition to our CCB line allows operators to reach greater heights with increased machine flexibility to navigate more spaces safely."
The extended work envelope offers 56 feet up-and-over and 54 feet of horizontal outreach. Its compact footprint allows the X1000AJ to fit through a standard double doorway for easy movement between indoor and outdoor applications. Retractable non-marking tracks, along with a patented platform disconnect system, make it easy to maneuver the machine through tight spaces. The X1000AJ is less than 22 feet long and under 20 feet long when the platform is removed.
The X1000AJ also offers a class-leading 500-pound unrestricted platform capacity, allowing operators to bring more materials to the work area, creating a safer and more productive work environment.
Other features include:
• New articulated column design, giving operators the ability to work flush with the surface of a structure.
• Smart technology that improves boom functionality by enabling multiple simultaneous movements.
• 90 degrees +/- jib movement for added reach.
• One-touch self-levelling outriggers to stabilize and level the machine on slopes up to 16 degrees.
• Stability is further enhanced by large, Teflon-coated outrigger pads, while standard forklift pockets and lift hooks allow for easy loading and unloading.
• SkyGuard enhanced control panel protection comes standard, continuing the company's commitment to enhanced control panel protection.
An advanced technology 76-volt lithium-ion system is available to provide clean, quiet operation and performance comparable to, or better than, traditional gas engine power. A Kubota diesel power source is standard. The X1000AJ comes with fully synthetic biodegradable hydraulic fluid for use in environmentally sensitive areas.
This new machine is ideal for tough, hard-to-reach indoor and outdoor applications, such as atriums, gymnasiums, arenas, auditoriums, airports, schools and universities, as well as city, state, federal and military facilities. The X1000AJ's versatility and ease of mobility is ideal for jobs performed in hotels and convention centres by window washers, painters, maintenance professionals, electricians and tree trimmers.